5 GCSE’s grade C or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:-
300 points including 160 points from two A levels. Preference is given to those with a science profile, including Social Sciences.
27 points (with a minimum of 13 at Higher Level).
45 L3 credits of which 33 must be at merit or distinction level. This must include15 level 3 credits from Biology/Social Science. Must have GCSE grade C or above in English & Maths or be taking them.
Diploma DDM – Must be Science/Health related. Will consider health with strong GCSE science profile (see above).
Extended Science: 65% at 1st attempt. Must apply direct to Plymouth University by 15 January.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered, please contact email@example.com.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- How to select the right Access course.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections.
- TOEFL 'internet-based' test (ibt) - 100.
- TOEFL Paper test - 600.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
Please note: We do not accept applications for deferred entry for this course.