Professor Khaled Hussainey
Professor of Accounting
Plymouth Graduate School of Management & Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Business)
Professor of Accounting
Ph.D. (Accounting & Finance), The University of Manchester(UK).
M.Sc. (Accounting & Finance), The University ofBirmingham (UK).
B.Com (Accounting), Ain Shams University (Egypt).
Professor of Accounting, PlymouthUniversity 1st June2013
Reader in Accounting, StirlingUniversity August 2012 – May 2013
Senior Lecturer in Accounting, StirlingUniversity January 2010 – July2012
Lecturer in Accounting, StirlingUniversity August 2008 –December2009
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Manchester University Jan.2006 – July 2008
ESRC Research Associate, Manchester University Jan. 2005 – Dec. 2005
Tutor/Associate Lecture/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor ofAccounting, Ain Shams University (Egypt)
Corporate Voluntary Disclosure
Market Based Accounting Research
Islamic Accounting & Finance
Research degrees awarded to supervised students
Radwa Anis – Determinants and relevance of voluntary disclosure quality.
Hany Elzahar – Determinants and relevance of KPIs reporting.
Imad Kutum- Business audit risk, comparative auditing standards.
Mohammed Idris – Earnings management and corporate governance in Jordan.
Tamer Elshandidy – Risk reporting and measurement: A cross-country study.
Sahar Munir – Islamic Derivatives in Pakistan.
Other academic activities
Due to my growing reputation in disclosure research,Editors of three international journals have invited me to act as guest editorfor three special issues. In addition, I have acted as ad-hoc referee for manyarticles in high quality international journals.
Guest Editor of Journalof Applied Accounting Research for a special issue on corporate governance.
Guest Editor of CorporateGovernance: The International Journal of Business inSociety for a special issue on corporate governance and voluntarydisclosure.
Guest Editor of ManagerialAuditing Journal for special issue on corporate narrative reporting.
Guest Editor of InternationalJournal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation (IJAAPE) for aspecial issue on Accounting & Finance in MENA countries.
· Ad-hoc Reviewer for the following journals:
- Journal of Business Finance and Accounting.
- British Accounting Review.
- European Accounting Review.
- Research in Accounting in Emerging Economies.
- International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation (IJAAPE).
1. External Adviser for theValidation of an MSc Accounting and Finance programme, Royal Docks BusinessSchool, University of East London.
2. ExternalAdviser forthe Validation of an MSc Accounting and Business Management Programme atBrunel Business School, Brunel University.
3. External Adviser for theValidation of an MSc Accounting and Business Management Programme at KingKhalid University (Saudi Arabia).
4. External Adviser for theValidation of an MSc Accounting and Business Management Programme at Ummal-Qura University (Saudi Arabia).